Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catching Up!

A lot has happened at the Welch household since the last update on the blog. Sabrina's Pal Basketball team the "Magic", took second place. They had a great team this year and did an exceptional job, not sure it was the girls or the great coaching they had by Courtney and Rory! Whitney had a solo for Choraliers this Christmas season. I get very emotional watching her and thinking we only have one year left with her at home. Where has the time gone? The kids had their piano recital (sorry Paula about taking pictures in the chapel). We had our ward party where the kids saw Santa for the first time this year. Landon opted to hold MaKenna rather than to sit on Santa's lap. We also went caroling with a group of people and the best shot I got was of the boys hookie-bobbing off of the trailer. Landon finished up AMS basketball. Thanks to Kari for taking some amazing pictures of him. We had a very relaxing Christmas at home with just the kids. We awoke to a phone call the day after Christmas by President Shumway, asking for a visit with Courtney and I. Courtney has been called as the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric and was ordained a High Priest. It has been very overwhelming and humbling. School is back in session and we are now getting ready for semester finals. Landon has started his Pal Basketball season on the "Mavericks", with his Dad and Jim as the coaches. Courtney has been busy plowing snow and getting sleep when he can. Really sorry for putting this all into one - will try to be better in 2009!
I guess Sabrina was really surprised they placed!

Matthew just adores Nash!
Oops! I didn't take a picture of Tara playing the piano!


Their names shall remain nameless! :)

7 comments:

Shari D. Kurtz said...

Hey! I'm the first comment of your first post of the year. Happy New Year! The pictures are fun to look at. I hope 2009 will be a great year for you and your family.

Shari

Welsch Family said...

Who got the drums? I hope not Matthew. You realize that you just encourage that kid to get into things that you know are going to bug you.

Cute pictures.

Nick

Fantastic Five said...

I'm with Nick; now we are all going to hear how horribly obnoxious those drums are....like you need more drama to talk about! :)

It's about time you updated!!

Suz said...

Actually the older kids received Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas and the picture taken has been the only time he has played them. Only thing bugging me is you two!! lol

goat said...

hail GH world tour!!! we have that and rock band at my house! hope the kids like it!
your blog looks like amy's...

de Arrieta said...

YES!! A boy in a band. Brookie is TOTALLY going to go for Matthew now. I am glad it is at your house.

Trulee said...

Oh No! I see that my little McKay has competition for Nash's affections! Don't you love that Nash loves these babies?